Who I Aspire to be Like

One thing that has been on my mind the last couple of days, are my Grandparents. I recently was able to attend a family reunion that my mom's parents put on. I feel like the older I get, family gets to be more and more important to me. Back in the day all I wanted to do was hang out with friends and never my family. Life has sure changed. I will take hanging out with my family over friends any day! It's funny what happens to your priorities as you get older, huh?

Onto my point, GRANDPARENTS....especially my amazing Grandmas (sorry Grandpas...I love you too!) I feel like these ladies in general get very little attention from grandkids since they are not always our immediate care takers. I was fortunate enough to be close to mine and now am trying to be close to my husband's. Through getting to know them, I have found these ladies to be the most amazing ladies I have ever known. Each special in their own way. I not only aspire to be like them, but also dress, educate, and love like they do. 

This is my mom's mom. She is beautiful in every way. She was a elementary school teacher just like me. I have aspired to be like her all my life. We were neighbors growing up so I was always around her. She is an amazing piano player, tap dancer, puzzle solver, and is always teaching me lessons in love and kindness.

This is my hubby's Omi. She is one stylish lady! I could spend days talking about how stylish and what a funny lady she is. She puts a smile on everyone's face. She has the cutest german accent and dresses to the nines for any and all occasions. She and I share the same love for Ralph Lauren clothing. She has great taste. :)

This is my dad's mom. She was on of the most bold stylish ladies and it is very apparent in pictures of her and faint memories I still have of her. Anyone that met her, immediately loved her. She took anyone into her beautiful home and made them feel like her own child or long lost friend. Unfortunately, she left this life a little early. I hold onto memories of her reading in her theatric voice the story of Little Red Riding Hood and singing songs to me. I can't wait to see her again in heaven. I think her and I will be best friends up there! :)

This is my husband's grandma on his dad's side. She is one sharp cookie. She graduated High School at 16 and is a connoisseur of the Sciences. My hubby definitely inherited her brain. :) She has been a teacher of many ages and a friend to anyone who might need one in Texas. She is so smart, giving, and one of the most down to earth people I have ever met. I love being around her and learning about anything and everything.

It makes me feel so privileged to know and love these ladies.
How have your grandparents shaped your life?

Follow on Bloglovin